3/26/08

Democratic Debate at Elon?

I received a news tip today that Elon has inquired about potentially hosting a Democratic debate before North Carolina's primary election on May 6. This is big news for the school and a major coup, if the Democratic party selects Elon as the host site. Nothing is certain at this moment, as Elon hasn't even been told when the party will make a decision. Elon is up against N.C. State, Wake Forest and Duke, at the moment. Wake has hosted debates in 2000 and 1988. You can read more about this developing story at The Pendulum Web site.

Some other quick hitters:
  • I've been posting a lot of videos on my blog recently, which is troublesome for those of you who may read my notes on Facebook. When Facebook imports my notes from Blogger, it doesn't import the embed code for the video, so the videos never appear on Facebook. If you read my stuff on Facebook, be sure to navigate over to my blog, Prolix Prone, to check out the videos. You'll enjoy them.
  • I attended the Caps @ Canes game last night in Raleigh, a contest that the Caps won 3-2 in a shootout. They gained a point on the Canes in the standings, but it's virtually meaningless because the Caps probably can't catch the Canes at this point. They're four points back with six games to play. The Caps are two points out of eighth place in the Eastern Conference, so reaching the playoffs via the final spot is a more realistic goal. But for some great analysis of last night's game (and all things Caps), check out Japer's Rink.
  • Speaking of the Caps, I love Alexander Ovechkin -- you know, the first hockey player in more than a decade to score 60 goals in a season. (He has 61 as of last night's win against Carolina.) The reason I like him is not because he can score like crazy, but because he's a tough guy who loves to play physically. He'll deliver as devastating a hit as anyone in this league. Check him out in action (and check out the hit at the 40-second mark):

No comments: